- Deepa or Diya indicates the light of knowledge or Gnana. It removes darkness that is our ignorance and makes the native shine. Lighting Deepams in various oils have been in our tradition for achieving various materialistic and spiritual benefits.
- Regularly lighting Deepa with cotton wicks at home or office blesses the native with good luck, wealth, health, and happiness.
- Cotton wick lamps generally please all the gods and goddesses. Specifically, it ensures the blessings from our Ancestors, Kula Deiva and Ishta Deiva.
Sloga to chant while lighting the lamp:
Deepo me hara tu paapam,
Deepa Jyothir Namostute.
My salutations to the creator of light, I bow and salute to the supreme power who heals my karma and grants prosperity.
Things to remember:
- Always light the Deepa in the East or North facing direction.
- Always light the Deepa using Pure Sesame oil, Pure Cow’s Ghee or Pancha Deepa oil containing Pure Cow’s Ghee, Pure Sesame or Gingelly oil, Mahua oil or Ilupai oil, Castor oil, Neem oil.
- One should not use Groundnut oil or Sunflower oil for lighting the Deepa as it induces debt for the worshipper.
- Deepa must not be blown off and should always be put off gently with flowers or sprinkling milk.
|Sold By||Shreem Ventures|
|Quantity||4 packs each of 50 pieces|